Terms and Conditions
Version 1.0 last updated 20th September, 2016
Part A - Introduction
Welcome to Betolio! We are the first social betting app that lets you make real-money bets with your friends on a wide range of football events.
Betolio is currently available as an app for iOS devices and can be downloaded via the Apple App Store (www.betolio.com/app).
Words in the singular form shall be construed to include the plural and vice versa, unless the context otherwise requires. Pronouns in masculine, feminine and neuter genders shall be construed to include any other gender.
If you wish to place bets on Betolio you will need to open an account with us. By opening an account with us, you agree to be bound by our Account Terms and Conditions of Use found under section C.
Before using Betolio, you should read our Betting / General Conditions and Specific Conditions, each of which apply to you and your betting transactions as described in Section D.
If you have any questions after reading them, please contact support.
Part B - General Terms and Conditions of Use
- Betolio P.L.C. (hereinafter referred to as “Betolio”) is a company registered on the 25th September 2015; under the laws of Malta; Registration number: C 72418; registered address: Level 1, Suite No. 5, Tower Business Centre, Tower Street, Swatar and is trading under the domain name: Betolio.com
- Betolio was awarded a Class 3 licence on the 29th July 2013 having licence number MGA/CL3/842/2012 by the Malta Gaming Authority and is also regulated by the same Malta Gaming Authority (www.mga.org.mt).
- This agreement establishes the Terms and Conditions for the contractual relationship between Betolio and any person registering with the company, known as a “Player”. Each person is required to accept these Terms and Conditions when registering for an account with Betolio and is bound by them throughout the existence of the relationship.
- Betolio reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. The Player must always re-confirm acceptance before material amendments come into effect. The version number and the date of the last update at the top of this page provide the player with information about when the last amendments have been made. Should the Player, due to any possible changes, not wish to continue using the services of Betolio anymore, he can withdraw all available funds and close the account.
- The contractual relationship between the registered Player and Betolio is governed by these Terms and Conditions and by the Laws of Malta.
- The parties agree that any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, or the breach, termination or invalidity thereof, shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Maltese courts.
- In the case of any dispute between the English language version of the Terms and Conditions and versions in other languages, the English language version shall prevail. Where these Terms and Conditions are published in several languages for information purposes all versions of such Terms and Conditions published reflect the same principles.
- It is the Player’s responsibility to ensure that he understands and abides by all relevant national and international laws governing online gaming. It is also the Player’s responsibility to ensure that it is legal to participate in online gambling from within the country of residence.
- The sport specific rules are considered to be an integral part of these Terms and Conditions. The sport specific rules are available in Annex A to this document.
- In the event that any provision of these Terms and Conditions is deemed by any competent authority to be unenforceable or invalid, the relevant provision shall be modified to allow it to be enforced in line with the intention of the original text to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. The validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall not be affected.
- Any provision of these Terms and Conditions that is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction will be ineffective in that particular jurisdiction, without affecting the validity, legality or enforceability of that provision in other jurisdictions.
Part C - Account Terms and Conditions of use
Before you can use Betolio, you need to open an account and deposit funds.
C.1 - Opening an Account
- Any Player signing up for an account must be at least 18 years old, or in the case of Estonia at least 21 years old. The application will require, at least, the following personal details:
- First and last names
- Physical Address
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Persons resident of Afghanistan, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Argentina, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Burma, Cote d'lvorie, Cuba, Cyprus, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Egypt, Eritrea, France, Fiji, Guam, Guyana, Haiti, Holy See (Vatican City State), Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Marianas Islands, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nigeria, North Korea, Papua New Guinea, Pakistan, Palestinian Territory, Panama, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Reunion, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, Somalia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Spain, Syrian Arabic Republic, Tanzania, Turkey, Uganda, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen and Zimbabwe cannot register as Players with Betolio.
- The Players of Betolio agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions at all times, and also confirm that they are:
- not acting in the interests of any third party;
- not utilising funds originating from any criminal activity or activities;
- not utilising bank accounts, debit cards, credit card/s they are not authorised to use;
- not going to attempt to hack the website or, to alter its code in any way;
- not going to take part or organise any criminal actions against Betolio its affiliates, and its Players.
- In the event of a Player not respecting one or more of the rules as mentioned in C.1.1, C.1.2 and C.1.3, Betolio will close the account and may confiscate the available funds.
- It is the responsibility of the Player to verify that when opening an account and conducting business with Betolio that they are not breaking any laws and are of legal age to gamble in their jurisdiction.
- In order to open an account with Betolio the prospective Player must personally and accurately complete the online registration form and read and accept the Terms and Conditions found on customer support at http://support.betolio.com.
- The Player must submit the correct information during registration including valid identification details, physical address and contact email. The Player also agrees to keep their information updated should there be any changes to the personal data provided.
- The Player is restricted to opening only one (1) account or having one (1) active account. If you notice that you have more than one (1) account you must notify Betolio immediately. Failure to do so may lead to your Player account access being blocked.
- Betolio may, at its own discretion and without having to provide any justification, refuse to open an account (or close an account at Betolio’s sole discretion) saving any contractual obligations already made.
- Betolio also has the discretion to refuse any bets.
- All accounts are opened and transacted in the Swedish Krona (SEK) currency;
- No interest is paid on any funds, irrespective of the amount, held in the Player's account.
- Money used for wagering with Betolio should not be tainted with any illegality and not derived from ill-gotten means.
- By playing with Betolio the Player understands that there is a risk that they could lose money.
- It is the responsibility of the player to keep track of their winnings and report them to the proper authorities, if the player resides in a jurisdiction where those winnings are taxable.
- During the registration process the Player will be able to create their own password. This password may be changed by the Player at any time.
- The Player must keep his sign in credentials and password secret at all times. In this respect, Betolio advises the Player not to write down his sign in credentials and password in a way that can be easily found or used. Betolio also advises the Player not to leave his device unattended when logged in so that he can avoid any one using his account without his consent. Betolio also advises the Player to construct a password which contains upper case and lower case alphabetical characters and numbers with a minimum length of eight characters.
- We are not responsible for any abuse or misuse of your Member Account by third parties due to your disclosure, whether intentional or accidental, whether active or passive, of your login details to any third party.
- Players shall not be involved in any fraudulent, collusive, fixing or other unlawful activity in relation to your or third parties’ participation in any of the games and shall not use any software-assisted methods or techniques or hardware devices for your participation in any of the Games. Betolio reserves the right to invalidate any betting in the event of such behaviour;
- If a bet/s is placed using the login name and password of a Player it will be considered to have been made by the Player and therefore to be accepted and valid.
- Betolio retains the right to examine and confirm the identity of its Players. When deemed necessary, Betolio will request specific documentation to prove the Player's. Examples of documentation requested could be certified copies of photo identification, bank statements, personal references, recent utility bills, etc.
- All Player transactions are checked to prevent money laundering.
- If an account remains inactive for a period of 12 months, an administrative fee of €1.50 per month will be levied. Prior to imposing a levy Betolio will notify the Player so as to give the Player the opportunity to withdraw his funds.
- If an account remains inactive for a period of 30 months or more, Betolio is obliged to report such accounts to the Malta Gaming Authority, in accordance with the Remote Gaming Regulations. Betolio may be asked to transfer any outstanding balances to the care of the Authority. Betolio will attempt to transfer such funds to the Player before reporting to the authority.
- If your account has been blocked or excluded by Betolio the available funds in the account will be remitted to you unless your account is undergoing anti-money laundering investigation in which case Betolio will withhold funds until authorised to release them.
- Betolio reserves the right to close a Player’s account. In this case all bets wagered will be honoured and all winnings will be paid out accordingly.
- A Player has the right to close his account at any time.
- Prior to closing your Member Account Betolio will alert you regarding available funds in your Member Account. You will be notified to withdraw any available amounts prior to closing your account.
- If you wish to close your Member Account, you may do so at any time, be emailing email@example.com, or by contacting customer support at http://support.betolio.com. The effective closure of the Account will correspond to the termination of the Terms and Conditions. In case the reason behind the closure of the Account is related to concerns about possible gambling addiction the Member shall indicate it in his request.
C.2 - Depositing & Withdrawing Funds
- There are no set-up charges for opening your account. All payments to and from your account (“Account” or “Member Account”) must be paid in the currencies available on the services. You must not treat Betolio as a financial institution and deposits shall not bear interest. You shall ensure that all payments into your account are from a payment source for which you are the named account holder. If you are making a deposit to or withdrawal from your account in a currency other than your account currency, such deposit and/or withdrawal will be made at the exchange rates offered by us at the time of such deposit or withdrawal and may be subject to a conversion fee. Betolio reserves the right to charge a processing fee of approximately 3% on deposits.
- Deposits can be made into your Player Account by VISA and MASTERCARD. Not all deposit methods are available in all regions. Should you require further help regarding your available deposit methods please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact customer support at http://support.betolio.com.
- Deposits will activate a “Know Your Client” procedure. Primarily, the name on the credit card will be checked and this should be identical to that of the Player account receiving the funds. If this is not the case, your deposit will be rejected and all funds will be returned. Any charges levied by the banks/payment gateways will be deducted from the returned amount.
- Minimum deposits:
- On deposits made by Credit Card: 100 SEK
- For deposits made by bank transfer: 100 SEK
- Maximum deposits:
- First deposit of new customers: 5000 SEK
- After authentication of player: 5000 SEK per transaction
- Card deposits are automated - once your deposit transaction is authorised by your issuer, the funds will be credited to your account instantly.
- In relation to deposits and withdrawals of funds into and from your Member Account, you shall only use such credit cards and other financial instruments that are valid and lawfully belong to you.
- Any funds deposited must be utilised for the placing of bets. Any suspicious activity on an account could lead to the Player being reported to the relevant authorities, freezing of the funds and could also lead to the closure of the account and confiscation of the funds.
- Funds cannot be transferred from the account of one Player to the account of another Player.
- Players are prohibited from selling, transferring or acquiring accounts to or from other Players.
- A Player can at any time log in to his account and view a statement of his account which would show all transactions effected on that account, namely deposits, bonuses, winnings, bets and withdrawals. Should the Player notice any mistakes he should notify Betolio immediately so that the mistake can be rectified. The Player should report such a mistake within 90 days from when the mistake first appeared on the statement available on the website.
- At any time, a Player can decide to withdraw part or all of his funds from his account by selecting amongst the various options made available by Betolio. Depending on the currency, frequency of requests and on the chosen withdrawal option, certain transaction fees may apply. Betolio will inform the Players about the exact amount of these fees before the transaction takes place. Once all the available funds have been withdrawn, the Player has the right to close his Betolio account if he/she wishes to do so.
- The minimum amount for a withdrawal is 100 SEK.
- Before a withdrawal request is carried out Betolio must be satisfied about the authenticity of the Player.
- Betolio will do its utmost to process withdrawal requests within 3-5 working days from receipt of such request. Betolio reserves the right to charge a processing fee of approximately 3% on such withdrawals.
- Withdrawals Credit / debit card VISA - maximum 10,000 SEK or equivalent per card per day.
- Withdrawals can be requested from the "withdrawals" section of the app. Withdrawals can only be remitted to the same account used for deposits and it is only when this is not possible that the Player is entitled to select another medium.
- Once requested, withdrawals will be held for authorisation by Finance Department and funds will only be sent to the Players own bank account once authorised. Please note that for cumulative withdrawal requests which exceed the 20,000SEK mark, or any other lesser limit which Betolio may stipulate from time to time, the Player will be asked to submit updated due diligence documentation. Due diligence documentation will also be requested when the Player adds a new deposit or withdrawal card/account.
- Betolio has the right at any time to request relevant documents from player to ensure authenticity.
- If Betolio mistakenly credits your Member Account with winnings that do not belong to you, whether due to a technical or human error or otherwise, the amount will remain property of Betolio and the amount will be deducted from your Member Account. If you have withdrawn funds that do not belong to you prior to us becoming aware of the error, the mistakenly paid amount will (without prejudice to other remedies and actions that may be available at law) constitute a debt owed by you to Betolio. In the event of an incorrect crediting, you are obliged to notify Betolio immediately by email.
- It is unlawful to deposit money from ill-gotten means and all transactions will be checked to prevent money laundering. Any suspicious transactions will be reported to the relevant Authorities
- If Betolio cannot ascertain the integrity of the funds deposited by the player, Betolio will consult with the Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit (FIAU).
Part D - Betting Terms & Conditions
- By wagering on Betolio, the player warrants that he/she is familiar with the rules and acknowledges the betting rules set out below.
- Any offer to bet that is accepted through Betolio becomes binding on both parties. Each bet is considered to be effective once there is acceptance of the offer.
- Once the bet has been confirmed, neither party may cancel the bet, nor alter its features.
- By wagering on Betolio, the Player warrants that he/she is familiar with the rules and acknowledges the betting rules set out here and below.
- A bet can only be placed and a bet can only be offered by a registered Player.
- An offer to bet may only be viewed and accepted by a registered Player.
- A bet can only be placed and a bet can only be offered over the internet via the Betolio app.
- A bet can only be offered by a Player if he has sufficient funds in his account with Betolio. Once an offer to bet is created, the amount of the wager is blocked and reduced from the amount of available funds.
- When a Player creates an offer to bet and sends this offer to any other Betolio Player the bet is only deemed to have been placed once the recipient has accepted the offer via the Betolio app. Should the offer lapse or be cancelled the funds will once again be released into the Player’s main balance.
- A player creating a bet/opening a bet, can only accepts counter-bets up to the limit of available funds available in his/her account.
- All offers to bet can be placed and accepted up to the start time of a given match. Betolio reserves the right to void any bet which is accepted past the deadline, including owing to content timing errors or revised start times.
- The bet, once concluded, will be governed by the version of Terms and Conditions valid at the time of the bet being accepted.
- A bet is deemed to have been placed as soon as confirmation of the acceptance of the betting offer from Betolio is received on the device or computer of the Player.
- The Player affirms that at the time he placed a bet or bets he had no knowledge as to the outcome of the respective game or that actions are being taken to affect the outcome of the games. Where there is a suspicion of a violation of this rule, Betolio retains the right to void the bet and refuse to pay out winnings or to even cancel winnings already paid. It also retains the right to take any further action to protect its legitimate interests and to comply with other laws and regulations.
- Betolio retains the right to decline to accept bets without providing any reason.
- The minimum and maximum bets and bet rules are all available for each game offered on Betolio and we encourage you to read the relevant rules before playing any game. The rules of the game can be found annexed hereto and marked Annex A – Sport Specific Rules and by following this link [insert link to rules]
- Should betting on a game be stopped the Players will be refunded the whole amount of their bet(s).
- Should Betolio decide to close a Player's account, bets which have already been placed and accepted will not be voided and the Player will be paid any and all winnings.
- A bet which has been placed and accepted cannot be amended, withdrawn or cancelled by the Player.
- A mistake regarding the details of a bet or bets will not influence the validity of the bet. Once no more bets are being taken a Player will not be able to change his bet(s).
- When the Player places bets he acknowledges that he has read and understood in full all of the Terms and Conditions and game rules regarding the bets offered by Betolio as stated on the website.
- Betolio manages the Player's account, calculates available funds, pending funds, betting funds and the amount of the Player’s winnings. Unless otherwise provided, these amounts are considered final and are deemed to be accurate.
- The Player is fully responsible for all bets placed or bets opened. Betolio will never question the Player about the relevance of the bets they wish to place and will not be held responsible for the and potential/possible mistakes that could have been made during the placing of such bets, including mistakes regarding the placed amounts, odds offered or betting options (such as team, colour, card, number, etc) which the Player has selected.
- The Player is entirely responsible for the information that the Player provides to Betolio concerning the offer that the Player wishes to place, whether being the creation of a bet or the placing of a bet. Betolio will not enquire into the reasonableness of any offer that the Player may make. Betolio will not be liable for incorrect entries made by the Player, including data input errors with respect to the odds, price or stake on offer.
- All bets made on Betolio are Player to Player. This means that bets are placed against other Players and Betolio simply provides a platform through which players can place bets against each other.
- Bet Settlement: Subject to these General Conditions and any applicable Specific Conditions, Betolio will settle bets in accordance with the Sport Specific Rules found annexed hereto marked as Annex A and also by following this link: [insert link to rules]. Betolio reserves the right to reverse or amend settlement in the event of a bet being settled incorrectly. This may lead to amendments being made to the Player’s account to reflect changes in bet settlement and if there are insufficient funds in the Player’s account Betolio may demand that the Player put funds into your account to address the outstanding balance. Betolio will endeavour to settle all bets within 24 hours of the sports event ending.
- Players who had received funds in erroneously, or received excess funds, are obliged under these Terms and Conditions to refund any amount received so as to enable the company to settle the bet appropriately.
- Winnings will be paid into the Player's account after the final result is confirmed. However, Betolio reserves the right to set aside any winnings should there be investigations into the result of a game resulting from a suspicion of criminal activities that may have affected the result of the game. If the irregularity is confirmed then Betolio retains the right to void any related bets and take any other action allowable by law.
- Should Betolio become aware that a Player has placed a number of bets from different accounts that he has irregularly opened, all bets will be voided and Betolio will retain the right to take further action as deemed necessary.
- If bets, which exceed the limits of a player (whether responsible gaming limits or risk limits), are erroneously accepted, the excess amount will be disregarded and the bet amount placed will be revised accordingly and the difference paid back to the Player.
- Betolio reserves the right, in its discretion and in relation to the Player’s account, any related payment service provider account, any accounts the Player may have with other sites and/or services owned or operated by or on behalf of Betolio, to terminate this agreement, withhold the account balance, suspend the account and recover from such account the amount of any affected payout, bonuses and winnings if:
- You are in material breach of any Agreements in relation thereof;
- Betolio becomes aware that you have used or attempted to use the services for the purposes of fraud, collusion (including in relation to charge-backs) or unlawful or improper activity (including without limitation, any manipulation of the multi-currency facilities).
- You have "charged back" or denied any of the wagers or deposits that you made through your Account.
Part E - Aborted, Miscarried & Discontinued Games
- Should a Player's device malfunction, or their internet connection be lost, after a bet has been placed and received on Betolio's system, the bet(s) will be accepted and will be active in the game chosen. The outcome of the game can be checked after the Player's device or connection are functioning properly again.
- In the event of an error in the software or in the payouts awarded, Betolio will contact the player and void any and all winnings.
- Betolio will seek to place all parties directly affected by such an error in the position they were in before the error occurred.
- Betolio reserves its right to suspend, modify, remove and/or add any service/games in its sole discretion with immediate effect and without notice and Betolio will not be liable for any such action.
Part F - Responsible Gaming
- A Player may set a limit on the amount he permits himself to bet over a specified period of time (wager limit).
- A Player may set a limit on the amount he permits himself to lose over a specified period of time (loss limit).
- A Player may set a limit on the amount of time he permits himself to stay signed in to Betolio before he is automatically being signed out (session limit).
- A Player may set a limit to exclude his account from all activity for a definite or indefinite period of time (self exclusion limit). If a Player chooses to exclude himself for an indefinite period of time, his account will be closed, and he will be barred from signing up for a new account in the future.
- For a Player to set self-imposed gaming limits on his account, he must (1) sign into his account using the Betolio iOS app, (2) navigate to his Player profile, (3) select “Game Limits” from the list of options, (4) select a desired limit, and then he must (5) create, submit and confirm the self-imposed limit.
- A Player may choose to close his account at any time by emailing email@example.com, or by contacting customer support at http://support.betolio.com. The effective closure of the Account will correspond to the termination of the Terms and Conditions. In case the reason behind the closure of the Account is related to concerns about possible gambling addiction the Player shall indicate it.
- A Player wishing to reduce, or remove a self-imposed limit can do so, however, changes to the self-imposed limit will only come into effect after seven (7) days have expired from the date of the request. All valid requests to increase, or extend, a self-imposed limit will have an immediate effect.
Part G - Copyrights
- Betolio and its logo are registered trademarks of Betolio. Any unauthorised use of the brand and/or the logo of Betolio could lead to legal prosecution by Betolio.
- All content found within the Betolio iOS app, and within the pages of betolio.com and its related URLs are owned by Betolio. Any unauthorised reproduction or use of the content and/or the visual representations found on these digital properties could lead to legal prosecution.
Part H – Bonus Conditions
Creation of Bonus Conditions
- At present Betolio do not offer any sort of bonuses to Players. Betolio reserves the right to update these terms should this change in future.
Part I - Liability
- Betolio is only liable for gross negligence or deliberate actions carried out by its management, employees or vicarious agents.
- Betolio is not responsible for the services, pages or contents of websites to which links may be provided from time to time from the Betolio website.
- Betolio solely provides a platform for players to bet against each other. It therefore cannot be held responsible for paying out any player. Players acknowledge that they have no claims against Betolio for any winnings.
- Betolio is not responsible for any consequences resulting from major incidents such as any strike, terrorist activities, political crisis, war, and saturation of the telecommunication networks, natural catastrophe; which could lead to a total or partial reduction, to the access to its services, on Internet or by phone.
- Betolio is not to be held responsible for the consequences caused by the breakdown of any device or software, directly managed or outsourced, which could lead to a total or partial reduction to the access of its Services, via Internet or by phone.
- In the event of any mistake or negligent act from Betolio's part, in relation to these Terms and Conditions, the compensation available to the Player would never be any higher than the available funds on the Player's account or the amount of the bets involved in the mistake or negligent act.
- Should one or more term or condition of this agreement be declared void by a recognised Court of Justice, then the remaining Terms & Conditions would retain their validity.
- These Terms & Conditions represent the whole of the agreement between Betolio and the Player, and replace any previous written or verbal agreement, communicated by Betolio.
- Betolio does not accept any liability whatsoever for damage to a Player or a third party which arises directly or indirectly from a mistake, misprint, malfunction of software on the Betolio website or that of any of its affiliates and/or partners.
- Live score data offered on selected events on the website may be subject to a delay and occasionally may be inaccurate. The data is supplied "as-is" without any express or implied warranty of any kind. In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever including, without limitation, damages for loss of direct or indirect profits, economic loss, business interruption, loss of information) or any direct, indirect, consequential, punitive, special, exemplary or special losses and/ or damages however caused including but not limited to any loss of contracts, loss of goodwill and loss of reputation arising out of the use of or inability to use data provided by the live score functionality.
- THE SERVICES OFFERED ON THE WEBSITE AND APP ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF DIRECT OR INDIRECT PROFITS, ECONOMIC LOSS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION) OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR SPECIAL LOSSES AND/ OR DAMAGES HOWEVER CAUSED INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LOSS OF CONTRACTS, LOSS OF GOODWILL AND LOSS OF REPUTATION ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHICH CASE WE LIMIT OUT LIABILITY IN THE MANNER HEREUNDER STATED.
- Should the above exclusion of liability not be permissible under the laws of your jurisdiction our maximum aggregate liability to any player howsoever arising shall be limited to the amount of commissions actually received by us from that player in the 6 (six) month period prior to any cause of action arising.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Betolio and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees harmless from any liabilities, claims, losses or demands made by any third party arising out of your breach of this Agreement or out of your violation of any law or the rights of any third party.
- You acknowledge that Betolio and its subsidiaries and affiliates will hold information with respect to your identity, including, but not limited to, your name, address and payment details. You agree that we rely on this information in entering into this Agreement with you and you agree to hold us harmless against any falsehood or inaccuracy contained in the information you provide.
- You agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless on demand for any losses, costs or expenses which may be incurred by us as a result of any errors contained in instructions submitted by you, any unauthorised or unlawful use of the Services or any payment card charge-backs which may be effected for any reason whatsoever on amounts transferred by you to your Member Account.
- The Privacy section sets out our data processing practices carried out through the use of the Internet and World Wide Web. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact customer support at http://support.betolio.com.
- Betolio collects personal information from visitors to its web site through the online registration process and every time you interact with us.
- Betolio processes personal information collected via this website and our App for the purposes of: Setting up and managing your account; Building up your personal profiles; Providing you with information about the Betolio promotional offers; and complying with all regulatory requirements, in particular those relating to the identification of individuals under money laundering legislation. Access to Personal information is limited to the staff of the Betolio and/or its agents in accordance with their roles and responsibilities in managing the above uses in accordance with the applicable Data Protection Act. Betolio will maintain Player’s personal details and not destroy any records.
- Customer Service representatives and other representatives of Betolio may have access to the above mentioned data in order to provide quality customer service and to administer our business activities.
- For the purposes of applicable data protection legislation the Player hereby consents to the processing of any and all personal data (in manual, electronic or any other form) in connection with the Player's transactions in relation to Betolio. With the Players' approval Betolio may use personal details for marketing purposes.
- Betolio may share your personal data with any of its agents who may only use such data for strictly the same purposes as Betolio shall specify and within the terms of these Conditions. Betolio shall use your personal data in accordance with the Privacy section.
- You should assume that all use of our website, emails and telephone calls between you and Betolio will be recorded. These recordings will be the sole property of Betolio and may be used as evidence in the event of any dispute or to improve customer care.
- In the processing of your Member Account and associated transactions, we may have recourse to credit rating agencies, fraud detection agencies, anti-money laundering agencies. These agencies may keep a record of your information. You hereby consent to such disclosures.
- In order to make your visit to the Websites more user-friendly, to keep track of visits to the Websites and to improve the service, we collect a small piece of information sent from your browser, called a cookie. You can, if you wish, turn off the collection of cookies (please refer to your browser instructions as to how to do this). You must note, however, that turning off cookies may restrict your use of the Websites.
- The player’s personal data will only be disclosed to third parties in the following cases:
- Where Betolio is required to do so by law;
- If it concerns a credit reference agency. A credit reference agency may also keep a record of that information;
iii. If Betolio needs to share data with its payment processors to facilitate transactions;
- To comply with Betolio ’s legal and regulatory duties and responsibilities to the relevant licensing and regulatory authorities as well as all duties and responsibilities owed under any other applicable legislation and to any other applicable regulators in other jurisdictions;
- When Betolio feels that disclosure is necessary to protect Betolio’s or the player’s safety, or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- If Betolio is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, the player will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on www.betolio.com and the Betolio iOS app.
vii. If Betolio’s marketing service providers require the data to carry out their tasks;
viii. To any other third party with the player’s prior consent to do so.
Part K – Complaints
- Betolio will endeavour to make a Player's experience with us an enjoyable one, however, there may be occasions where a Player may feel dissatisfied with the quality of our product/s or of our customer service. A Player may raise a complaint emailing email@example.com or contact customer support at http://support.betolio.com. Your complaint will be escalated to management and we endeavour to tackle it within 48 hours of receipt. Should you not be satisfied with the way your complaint was resolved or handled you may escalate directly to the Malta Gaming Authority by sending them an email on firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a letter to this address:
Malta Gaming Authority, Building SCM 02-03, Level 4 SmartCity Malta, Ricasoli - SCM 1001
Telephone Number: +356 25469000
- It is important that only complaints of a serious nature are escalated to the Authority.
- In case of a dispute or unclarity referred to the Malta Gaming Authority, the verdict of the Malta Gaming Authority will be considered definitive, without prejudice to any party’s right to seek legal redress and without any claim being available to any party against the Malta Gaming Authority.
Part L – Breaches, penalties & Termination
- If you breach any provision of these Terms and Conditions or we have a reasonable ground to suspect that you have breached them, we reserve the right to not open, to suspend, or to close your Member Account, or withhold payment of your winnings and apply such funds on account of any damages due by you.
Part M – Severability
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be illegal or unenforceable, such provision shall be severed from these Terms and Conditions and all other provisions shall remain in force unaffected by such severance.
Part N – Assignment
- We reserve the right to assign or otherwise lawfully transfer this agreement. You shall not assign or otherwise transfer this agreement.
Part O – Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the Laws of Malta.
- The parties agree that any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, or the breach, termination or invalidity thereof, shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Maltese courts.
Part P – Chat Rooms
- Betolio may provide a chat facility to talk to other players. When contacting other players you shall not make statements or transmit content which:
- Are sexually explicit or grossly offensive;
- Uses derogatory terms and/or incites hatred;
- Encourages or facilitates antisocial behaviour;
- Encourages or facilitates any illegal activities;
- Harasses, threatens or causes distress or inconvenience to other players;
- Influences other player’s actions through intimidation or abuse;
- Disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, make statements that are abusive, defamatory, harassing or insulting to users of the Site;
- Advertise, promote or otherwise relate to any other online entities including forums;
- Is about the Site, or any other Internet site(s) connected to the Site and is untrue and/or malicious and/or damaging to the Site;
- You will not collude in any way through the chat rooms.
- Any suspicious chats will be reported to the MGA.
- All chats are moderated. We review all chats and keep a log and record of all statements. Your use of the chat facility should be for recreational and socialising purposes only.
- If you breach any of the provisions relating to the chat facility, we may remove the chat room or immediately close Your Account. If we do, we shall refund any funds which may be in Your Account over and above any amount which may be owed to us (if any).
- We will not be liable if damage arises out of such chat functionality. You agree to compensate us against any damage arising out of your illegal, unlawful or inappropriate conduct or arise out of violation of these chat rules.
Sport Specific Rules
Acceptance of Offers
Offers can only be sent and accepted prior to the scheduled kick off time of a football. Information errors do not count as scheduled kick off times.
Kick off and Match Postponement
Football match starting dates and times displayed in our app are an indication only and are not guaranteed to be correct. If a game is postponed, all bets will have action 36 hours after kickoff. If we
receive news that a postponed game has been rescheduled for some time after 36 hours, Betolio will return all funds from pending bets. Information errors do not count as original dates.
All matches are based on the result unless otherwise specified, bets on the outcome of a match will be decided based on two halves of 45 minutes each and any time the referee adds to compensate for injuries and other stoppages. It does not include periods of extra time / over time nor penalty shootouts. Occasionally, Tournaments, Friendly, or other matches may have scheduled time frames different than two 45 minute halves. If Betolio does not make special note that a match will play a time other than the standard two halves of 45 minutes each, all bets will stand.
If a match is suspended before full time is reached, and not completed the same day, bets on the outcome of the match are considered void and all stakes shall be returned.
1. Team to win
Predict the winner of the game. If the match ends in a draw, no player wins and the stakes are refunded to the players.
2. Team to score first
Team to score first means betting on which team will score the first goal in a match. If no goal is scored, no player wins and the stakes are refunded to the players. Own goals are considered as valid goals in this bet type.
3. Team to score last
Team to score last means betting on which team will score the last goal in a match. If no goal is scored, no player wins and the stakes are refunded to the players. Own goals are considered as valid goals in this bet type.